Friday, June 22, 2012

The World Outside

So once again, I am stuck at my house with a bunch of thieving siblings, needy turtles, cats that think they own me and not the other way around, a playlist that plays in shuffle when its not supposed to, and no available food. And its all sunny and nice outside. I can't swim cuz 1.) my mom's not here and I won't go into the second reason. I have a new idea for starting my blogs. I'm going to start them with lyricals from songs I enjoy.
This blog would've started with: You like D&D, Audrey Hepburn, Fangoria, Harry Houdini, and croquet. You can't swim, can't dance, and don't know karate. Face it, you're never gonna make it... I don't wanna make it. I just... wanna....
Or maybe I'd just type alllll the lyrics to Thank You For The Venom... There's a contest going on to see who can read MCR lyrics the fastest... I speed read, but not aloud. My other problem... I can't talk those lyrics, I end up singing them...
Anyway, yeah, I'm just sitting indoors with a janky playlist, waiting for my mom to get back from the store, hopefully with the requested cheetos, talking to people on Google+, and looking out the window, somewhat longingly. It not exactly that I want to be out in my backyard, getting ticks all over my legs and smelling the sewage treatment facility across the street. Its more like, I want to be in my fantasy world, or I want a time machine to go back in time to the MCR concert. I think I'm gonna have another post right after this one reliving that concert. Now I'm going to write something that fell into my train of thought and knock it askew now. Here goes some fluffy bits of imagination:
The moon was full. It was closer to the earth than I'd seen it in a long time. The stars were shining brightly, but the fog said this was anything but a perfect night. Thin clouds drifted across the moon, not obscuring it. It was one of those scenes I wanted to draw. I drew in a breath. It smelled like fresh cut grass and lilac. But the fog was creeping up and over everything and there was a hint of death in the air. I knew that scent well. I'd come in contact with it too much. I knew he was there, but I couldn't pinpoint where. I had the advantage though. I knew I could see better than him, and my senses were much clearer. Should I shift? Not now, not when he's this close... I could hear him sniffling in the bushes next to me. If he gets to close I'll have to bolt for it. Crud. Distract him! I sensed a bird two bushes away. I focused in on it. It ruffled its feathers in unease, then fluttered away. He jerked his head up and stalked over to where the bird had been sitting. He raised his head to the moon. Quietly as I could in this awkward body, I scampered out of the bushes and made a dash for the fence. Crack. I stepped on a twig. He twisted so he was facing me. I darted behind the fence, and fled over it. He was along the fence now, smelling it and growling. I ignored him. He couldn't get over the fence. I shifted then, growing out of my dog body and into my human form. I picked up my clothes and jammed myself into them. I peeked through the window. They hadn't noticed yet.
Thats about it for now. Listening to my janky playlist, I realized I need to write some sad scenes. I'll have to think of some. If one of my books ever gets published and made into a movie, I want Missing by Evanescence in there somewhere. Thank you for reading my shizz. Gonna go get a search warrant for those bags my mom just brought in. If I find some Cheetos, they're MINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment