Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Vermont, 1st day

Woo! Back from Vermont! Survived a week with minimum internet, and actually enjoyed myself!
Some bad things about Vermont: Too many bugs, 1annoying 2nd cousin, 1 very hot 2nd cousin, 1 1st cousin once removed that insisted on taking pictures of me, 1 scary great aunt.
Some good things: I think I lost some weight, some very fun relatives, 1 very hot 2nd cousin, had time to start a new book, had time to finish books...
Okay, let me go back... how about I tell this in chronological order.
July 2nd: Woke up early, bleck, and got into the passenger's seat of a car full of annoying siblings, drove to Alexandria to pick up my Nana. While driving to pick up my Nana, my brother barfed. Out the window. My mom gave him a plastic bag, and he proceeded to barf in that. While picking up my Nana, we all got out to piss, and then while some other people were peeing, I had the honor of hosing off the car where my brother had barfed. Then I had the pleasure of helping my mom rearrange the trunk to fit in my Nana's stuff. Then I got back into the car, and got told I had to sit in the back seat. At first I was a bit pissed off, but I moved things around and had the whole back seat to stretch out on. So I stretched out and took a nap. Woke up to my siblings screaming at each other and some banjo music in my ear, and got given a bag of goldfish. Pleased with my goldfish, I settled back in with my iPod blaring in my ears and a book. The book was Divergent by Veronica Roth. Hoping to high hell that I didn't get carsick, I began to read it. Finished it 3-5 hours later, along with my whole bag of goldfish, plus a lunchable. I felt fat. I needed to pee, and I needed Insurgent, the next book in the series. Didn't have it. I pulled out another book. (I had a DVD player and the Lord of the Rings trilogy but the plug for the earphones didn't work and my mom wouldn't let me play it out loud.) That book was Withered, by Lauren DeStefano. Not the usual genre that I read, but I didn't find that out until I opened the book. The back cover said something about knowing exactly when you would die and about a plague that killed girls at 20, males at 25. Turns out it was more about being abducted by a rich dudes grandfather who'd escaped the plague and sentenced to being the rich dudes wife with 2 other girls. But it turned out to be a pretty good book. In the middle, we had a pit stop and I gratefully relieved myself of the liquid in my bladder. When I was almost finished with the book, we stopped at Wendy's for dinner. I ate a Spicy Chicken sandwich thing and felt fat. I shouldn't have eaten it cuz I hadn't been hungry, but it looked amazing. We arrived at Vermont 30 minutes after I had finished Wither and was writing in my other stories. It was 9 or 10 at night. After we'd unpacked the car, two people I didn't know and one I vaguely recognized showed up at my house. It turns out the two that I didn't know were cousins. One was my 2nd cousin Maryanne and one was a 1st cousin once removed, but not blood related. Her name was Rhina. She was the fiance of my 1st cousin once removed Mark, who was also not related by blood as her was adopted. The one I had vaguely recognized was my Great-Auntie Buff, who is one of my most hated, scary relatives. But since they came over, we had to go meet more relatives. So we walked past the pharmacy, past the fire station and into their house where I met Ben, 4 but looks like he's 2 and the politest little thing I've ever met, very pale, blue eyes, and very blonde, reminded me of my friend Nick except way young. He was the son of Maryanne. Then I met Conner, 2nd cousin, cute, 15, but an Aspie (had Asburgers syndrome), not blood related, acted like he was 8 and was annoying as fuck. Then I met Mark, 1st cousin once removed, not blood related, funny guy, kinda cute but 30 something, used to have drug issues, but is okay now, fiance of Rhina, kept trying to get pictures of me. >.< Then I met Dave, Maryanne's husband, Ben's father, graying man in good shape, who is a high school wood shop teacher. They were all from Canada. Which happened to be a bad thing because I picked up on their accent later and am still catching myself saying 'Eh?' once in awhile. Finally went back to the house we were staying in, the Denison house across from the hospital my Great-Grandfather built, took a shower, pulled out the couch bed thing and crashed.
Great first day, eh? SEE! I'M EVEN DOING IT IN WRITING! I'm leaving now, going to blog about days separately now. *Adds 1st day to title* As the Canadian's say, bye!

2 comments:

  1. well that sounds quite interesting...u had a lot going on all at once. i woulda been all "head rush" but nice :)i hope u had a nice time(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was crazy, but I'm okay. Recovering somewhat though.

      Delete