Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Vermont, 8th day/Leaving

I'm tired of talking about this trip, and you're probably tired of reading about it, but I'll finish it off. If you're starting here, don't, go back to day 1, do not pass go, do not collect $200. So started off early, packing quickly, rushed. Got everything in the car and went over to the McDowel's(the Canadian's). We said our goodbyes, gave hugs, then my Nana decided to take picture. Millions of pictures. Of the house, of them, of us, of us with them, and every combination in between. Then we say bye and hug again. As we were doing a final check of the house, Maryanne comes over to help with folding sheets we used. We finish, say goodbye, hug again. As we're putting stuff back in place and putting the sheets away, Mark comes over. We had been giving some of my Great-Grandfather and Grandmother's stuff away. So he chooses stuff for himself, for his brother, and for Rhina. We say goodbye and hug. Again. We were supposed to be on the road an hour before we left. As we're leaving, Maryanne runs up with a pin, assuming its mine. It wasn't but I took it anyway. And we said goodbye. And got out of the car. And hugged. Again. We head up to Newfane Hill to say goodbye to those people and to drop some stuff off. Halfway there my Nana realizes that she forgot that stuff and turned around and went back. Got halfway there again, and almost ran out of gas, so we turned around, and went a quarter of the back and got gas. We finally reached Newfane Hill, got out, peed, said bye, then talked. And talked and talked and talked. Then said our goodbye's and, say it with me, hugged. Again. And then my Nana had to have pictures of everyone. Family's, individuals, groups and every combo imaginable. Then, you know its coming, we said our goodbyes and hugged. Again. Then we actually got on the road. At one in the afternoon. We had planned to leave by nine. So an hour later we stopped for lunch. Of course, everyone had to pee which made it all the longer. Had sandwiches from the cooler. I took a nap before we stopped, and when we ended up going again, I picked up a book. Ender's Game. Read it through, cover to cover, in 2 maybe 3 hours. Riveting book. Having finished Subject Seven at home, I picked up The Memory Palace. Not my usual genre. Still not finished with it, but I've made a dent. Its a good book, but its a challenging read for me since I never really read non-fiction, and thats what it is. So that was pretty much my trip, I'll stop it here. Next post shall be about a spazz I had today and a microwave. Until then, don't stray into the tractor beams, make sure your zipper is zipped, and don't hit on big men with tattoos on their butts.

No comments:

Post a Comment