Thursday, July 26, 2012

Anime and heterochromia iridum

I am the strange, the desolate, I am possessed, the second guessed, I am indecent, I am the treatment. The secrets have spoken, we are the broken http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkyv9V824NY
First off, anime. I am becoming more of an anime freak, though not as obsessed as some people I know. I am now into Black Butler as well as Soul Eater[I believe is finished unfortunately D:<], and Hetalia, both Axis Powers(over) and World Series(of which I need the next season dubbed). I'm only on episode 12 but I'm loving it. Especially Grell. And the Demon Hound. And everyone. The ending song is what brought me to the band, Stars In Stereo, that sings The Broken(see link above). I believe they are on tour with The Used, but they still aren't getting much publicity on YouTube... But back to anime. All this freaking anime makes me want to learn Japanese. So I want to learn Spanish, German, Korean, Japanese, and American Sign Language. And so I pay much attention to the beginning song, and am learning a bit. I'm not sure where Black Butler is going, if its something like Soul Eater or if it's more like Hetalia, but I am enjoying.
To the second subject of this blog: Heterochromia iridum. I'm sure some of you are like "The fuck is that?". Heterochromia iridum comes in different forms and can happen for different reasons. There is complete heterochromia and partial or sectoral heterochromia. Heterochromia can be inherited(genetic), or caused by many different things, for different reasons(acquired), injury, certain eyedrops/conditions(like glaucoma), and problems with pigmentation. At least, that is what I've gathered. I might be wrong, I am not a scientist. But I still have not told you exactly what heterochromia iridum is. Complete heterochromia is when the eyes are two different colors. Partial or sectoral heterochromia is when one eye is two different colors in itself, if one segment of the eye is a different color. Central heterochromia is when there is an inner ring surrounding the pupil and a different color, the true eye color, on the outside.
Complete heterochromia

David Bowie's heterochromia may just be the dilated pupil

Sectoral/partial heterochromia


Central heterochromia

Here's two peoples with both complete and central heterochromia


she looks like she's about to sneeze...

Heterochromic cat
When I was younger, I went to this camp and I had an Irish councilor, she used the name Lasso. She was a complete heterochromic. One brown eye and one blue-green eye. I was obsessed with her eyes. I later learned she loved My Chemical Romance and she became my second favorite councilor ever. I wish I had heterochromia. I think it'd be freaking awesome. I think heterochromia is beautiful. 
I have some anime to watch now! And some pictures of heterochromia iridum to stare at. So I'll leave this dreadfully long blog for anyone who happens to read it. Bur-bye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment