Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Olympics

Hey! You, we can turn it up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyX53nhUazA (Hey You by Tokio Hotel. No does own anything except my opinion.) I was singing this, well, screaming this at the TV whilst watching my fav sport I mention.
Yeah, so half of everyone is probably talking about the Olympics, and I've been watching the 8-12 thing, catching(keeping?) up and feeling like a potato because I'm sitting on my couch on my computer, doing nothing, while they've been busting their asses for who knows how long, getting into shape and making people like me feel like a potato. But I'm not gonna re-cap every damn thing, or give my opinion on this, that, and the other thing, because I doubt anyone really want to read this. If anyone even reads this blog anyway.
The things I've been watching closer than others were/are gymnastics, swimming, and track. Track makes me feel horrible about myself because they go down the 100 meters in like nine seconds and I take like, what? 30-40 seconds? I dunno. I only record my mile, which is back down to 8 minutes. But the only reason I really do track is for the sport I've been watching the closest of all.
Soccer. I've been in soccer since, what? Kindergarten? Maybe 1st grade. So I'm not the earliest of starters, but I've loved this sport for over half my life, and I'm really hoping that I can make the soccer team at Centreville when spring rolls around(The stupid school doesn't do fall soccer, I have to play travel). I doubt I'm actually any good, but my mom thinks so(hahaha, when did I start listening to her?!). But anyway, the last two Women's Olympic soccer games have been heart attack inducing. The Border Wars had me screaming loud enough to make the neighbors uncomfortable, but I didn't really care. And then the Finals. Redemption for the world championships. I was hoping they would freaking steamroll the Japanese. Don't get me wrong, I love them(and their accents) to death, I mean, I even want to learn Japanese(mostly because of anime and Kalafina[that was because of anime too, so I guess all because of anime,lol.]). But I am American and with my soccer experience... damn. Anyway, so I watched them today, screaming and running and punching stuff and singing songs to get their game on(oh, only if they'd heard me), and freaking out in the end. I went totally ape-shit. I'm sure the neighbors hate me now, with the amount of screaming I did. I had one moment where I was like, why the hell would you do that?!(when they took Megan Rapinoe out. She's awesome. I love her.) Abby Wambach didn't have any huge moments in this game, but she still did amazing. Carli Lloyd though... I was like "You go girl! Kick their asian asses!" I sounded so freaking racist... What can I say, the Olympics bring out my competitors spirit. And then the Japanese put a different player on the field, a player whose last name was Tanaka(not sure if I spelled that right), but that reminded me of Black Butler and I laughed. And at Ohno. But of course I would. And at the end, I really wanted to jump through the TV, to land in Wemberly Stadium, to be there with our team, celebrating our medal. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I was singing and dancing around and laughing in relief. These girls play some amazing soccer. No joke. Sometimes I wonder if there is any way I will ever be anywhere close to their level of skill. They're all so fucking amazing, and the way they work together is beautiful. One day I will be able to watch them play, or, here comes a wild dream that will probably not come anywhere near true, possibly play with them. Or at least meet them, that would be neat, too.
One thing that is confusing me (It doesn't have anything to do with the soccer, I'll get back to that in a second) is the number of times I have heard Firework by Katy Perry. It's cropping up every fucking where in the Olympics. I'm sitting here, half paying attention to Women's Diving and there it is again... I mean seriously?! Is there anything else you can play? Maybe some rock music, or foreign music(it amuses me, and I actually like half of it)...
I feel like I need an editor for these. Is my grammar correct? Are you supposed to put the punctuation before or after parentheses?
Urg, my neck hurts, and my ear hurts and my turtles need water and I gotta pack up my brothers room tomorrow... yuck.
The Olympics also bring Hetalia jokes and comments spewing out of me.
I'm jumping around all over the place, lol.
Back to soccer. I've seen some really talented kids, not as skilled as the US team, but good enough to make me think they could end up in it. I realize that when I'm at the right age requirement to play with them, if, by some miracle, I meet the skill requirements, most of the current players are probably gonna be gone. I still really want to meet them. Will they all still be together for the next widely publicized soccer event? Next Olympics? I dunno but I love them. If, by some weird, totally impossible chance, any of them read this(hahaha, why am I even including this? They aren't gonna come across this.) I am sorry that I cussed so much in this post, I really shouldn't while mentioning such amazing people. I didn't specifically mention all of them, or any of their amazing plays, and if you want to see some amazing moves, go watch it yourself. I probably should have, and I planned to mention that first, like, choreographed, goal, to show I actually know what I'm talking about instead of rambling on, but hey, you get what you paid for. And I should mention each and every one of them individually because they all deserve it, but I'm lazy. Yeah, sorry about that. So now, I'm going to leave this blog thing to cyberspace, hope no one kills anyone over that (hahaha, this isn't read enough for anything like that to happen), and go dream about possibly meeting even one of these most amazing athletes. 決別 

4 comments:

  1. looks like im gonna have to tune into u :D
    my tv is crazy and doesnt work sometimes so ive been outta the loop during the olympics haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. USAIN BOLT! Yeah, he's been big in the whole track thing. Imma watch the BMX finals. I saw the quarter and semi-finals and there were some pretty amazing wipe outs.

    ReplyDelete